Friday, August 6, 2010

Bathing "Moose" our Guinea Pig


Today is going to be a very eventful day, as our Guinea Pig "Moose" is getting his first bath ever! For some reason Moose started getting the itchies earlier this week, so I called a vet, only to find out that Guinea Pigs get mites and lice too. After a little neem extract, tea tree, and jajoba oil treatment, Lil' Moose is finally ready for his bath. The only problem is, Moose got a new cage last week, so he likes to hide in his new home comfort. Wish us luck trying to catch him:-)


On a different note, the kids and I are also having Homemade Macaroni & Cheese for lunch. So, I thought I'd share this delightful recipe. The actually recipe comes from a reliable source (not me), so it's edible and safe enough for BON APPETITE -- not to mention it's delicious! Try this recipe and let me know what you think.

Here’s What you Will Need:

1 lb. Macaroni or other pasta, cooked

1 lb. Cheddar Cheese, grated

1 lb. Cottage Cheese

8 oz Sour Cream

1 Egg, beaten

Salt and Pepper, to taste

Paprika, to taste and for sprinkling on top

Italian Bread Crumbs

I knew that I didn’t have a 1lb. box of macaroni or that much cottage cheese or sour cream so while there are measurements I just used what I had and guessed.

#1 - First thing is to cook the macaroni noodles according to the directions on your package.

#2- Beat the egg really well in it’s own bowl

#3- After cooking your pasta you’ll of course want to drain it and then grab a large bowl to mix all of the ingredients with the pasta into.

#4
- After mixing everything together place in a greased 9x13 casserole dish and sprinkle paprika on top. I also added some Italian Bread Crumbs sprinkled on the top (this wasn’t in the original recipe).

#5
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes

#6
- EAT AND ENJOY!! (We made this today, we plan to eat it for lunch and dinner!)




No comments:

Post a Comment