Thursday, September 20, 2012

Freezing Solutions while saving BIG $$$


First of all... don't you just LOVE California grown veggies?! I love the variety of colors and the different types of healthy meals I can make for my family. I don't particularly like cutting veggies, but I certainly enjoy pounding away on my vegetable chopper. You might think I am weird, but I think it is so fun to buy veggies on sale. I often buy different veggies on sale, just so I can freeze them. Did you know that you can freeze a variety of vegetables? Some of my favorites are artichoke, asparagus, beans, beets, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, chayote, cucumbers, fennel, garlic, onion, spinach, sweet potato, and zucchini. For more tips on freezing veggies, simply post your request. Today's TIP ON FREEZING VEGGIES is RED PEPPERS. Wash, remove seeds and cut into slices or leave whole. Place on a tray in a single layer. Freeze for 30 minutes. Pack in freezer bags, remove air, label and seal. Freeze up to 6 months. THAT'S IT!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment